Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"This is why I don't come to the gym"

Not my quote but I am using it today because we got such a good laugh from it.
Tamara and I decided to meet at the gym today. It was raining too hard to run outside so we met at Gold's to do our workout. I am not quite sure we got a good workout in, but we tried.

We decided to do our 3 miles on the treadmill. I hate running on a treadmill. It hurts my feet and my shins. We start out with a warm up and then we start running. We of course are catching up (aka talking) since we really hadn't talked since Sunday. Then we both start complaining. "My feet and my shins hurt, I hate running on a treadmill", "I have to use the bathroom", "I hate running on a treadmill", "At 1.5 miles lets go get on the stationary bike". Mile 1.5 we stop and get on the bike. To say the least it gets worse...."this hurts my butt","I am fat, if I would stop eating", "I didn't wear the right shorts for this", "this is why I don't go to gyms, too many mirrors". Someone, I won't mention names, complains the entire time we are at the gym. It is not ME this time..... Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Tamara made me laugh so hard with all her complaining. Today Tamara took over being Amy. All of you who know her or feel like you know her from this blog, know she does not really complain at all. That is what was so funny about it! Thanks friend for the laughs! You make this fun!

2 comments:

Tam said...

LOL! Yes, I was complaining the WHOLE time. I just don't like the gym which is probably why I have gym membership that is all paid for but yet this was the first time I have been to the gym this YEAR. I'm glad I could make you laugh. Tomorrow you can be the complainer if it is raining because we WILL be out there running in it!!!

Kay said...

At least you guys had someone to complain to....I'm usually either by myself or with a bunch of strangers that dont give a damn that I'm miserable. See you guys tonight. I think I am going to "slow jog" as the doc says.