Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The beauty of nature

Tamara and I ran trails today. I forgot what a workout that could be. I don't know if I am more mentally tired from looking at roots or if my body is tired from last night then add today on top of that.

But I forgot how calming trails where. Just the fresh air, the trees, squirrels and oh the family of deer. They were beautiful. Of course I scared them and they ran off but it is just nice being one with nature. The beauty of nature is truly God's way of saying to me enjoy what I have made. We ran at Jamestown Park. It goes around the lake and you end up on the Greenway.

This is new for me, but I am trying to find something everyday I am thankful for. Today I am super thankful that I have a running buddy that doesn't agree with me when I am looking for a way out of running. LIKE THE RAIN! It rained all afternoon at my office so I just knew I would get the day off.... Not happening. Thanks Tamara for saying YEP I am on my way to your house!

Until tomorrow..... 6 mile tempo run. Boy that should be fun!

1 comment:

Tam said...

That's right!! I'm not about to let you slack and I expect the same treatment from you. Today was really nice...we'll have to do it again. Oh, and I'm thankful for you too.