Friday, October 24, 2008

Finding new ways to workout

I had no idea how hard it would be to find things to do to stay in shape. I thought oh this will be easy. NOT! So I have resorted to water jogging. Which is funny since I am just learning to not be afraid of the water.

Tamara met me last night and we took to the pool! Me, my water belt and a kick board. Can you say I looked ridiculous. People were actually staring and laughing. I had my belt around my waist and the kick board under my chin to keep me afloat. It looked worse than it sounds and it sounds bad I know. Well I got comfortable enough to let the kick board go. It was funny though. I thought I might have to fight some old women doing water aerobics who wanted to stare and laugh.... Yes they were Tamara I don't care what you say! My good friend Jessica (my pregnant on-leave running buddy) is going to start working with me next week with swimming lessons. So hopefully in a few weeks I won't look so funny in the pool. Then when chicken of the sea starts, I will be ahead of the game!

I didn't realize it would be so hard to find other ways to stay in shape. I know what was I thinking with only one good foot. I am determined to not let this get the best of me. I have promised to stop complaining about the time frame it is taking and enjoy the rest. Like my new friend Wendy said, what is a few weeks compared to a lifetime of running! Thanks Wendy! Check out Wendy's blog through the ones I follow. She is inspiring!

I sent my membership in for TTT (Triad Triathlon Team). My goal this coming year to finish a marathon and compete in a Sprint Tri. Gives me something to focus on.

2 comments:

Tam said...

You are so paranoid!!! No one was looking and laughing at you. Anyway - I had fun and look forward to our next run in the water.

christine said...

I wouldn't have pointed and laughed at you, but I am laughing at your post. I'm glad you have a great sense of humor about all of this. You'll be healed up in no time!