Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Your MRI is interesting"

When the Dr. starts the conversation out like that, you don't know what to expect. I really expected good news to be honest. I had convinced myself that the pain was all in my head and nothing was really wrong. Because I got up this morning and only had twinges of pain, nothing like earlier in the week and on Sunday. I even contemplated not wearing my lovely new shoe. Maybe I will ask for a matching one next time. Being the fashion diva that I am you know. I wanted to hear him say you can at a minimum 3-5 miles at a time with the brace. That is what I wanted to hear. Not "I have only seen this happen a couple of times in my years of practice"! No fractures or torn ligaments. Two tendons are split right down the middle. Peroneus brevis and Peroneus longus (thanks to Marisa for the terminology). Treatable and will heal, I did hear that. I stopped listening when he said I may need to put you in a cast. Imagine, me, not listening.

It could be worse I know. I could of needed surgery or something crazy like that. But a cast really is not in my plans. Well none of this was in my plans. I cannot learn to swim if I have a cast on or ride my bike. Hell I don't even think I could ride a stationary bike with a cast on. Now I just can't wait until next Tuesday to see what my recovery plan looks like.

So much for my big plans of taking this stupid shoe off!

2 comments:

Tam said...

AWW! I hope you don't have to get a cast but if you do I will write something really cool on it.

Dena said...

We all will write something cool along the lines of, "That should have been a left." ;) Follow your doctor's orders, young lady!