Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not much to post tonight!

As you all know this has not been a productive week as far as running goes due to the ankle issue. It felt great today and I just knew I was going to run like I normally do tonight when I met my group. That is what my heart told me. My mind told me to be smarter. I never follow my heart. Yes I know none of you believe that.

Instead of pushing it, I decided early that I would walk/run with Kay. Kay suffered a stress fracture early in training. She has hung in there though. She still meets the group when she can and walks while we run and comes on Sunday to have coffee with us. All the while you know she wants to rip that brace off and take off! Good for you Kay for following Dr. Bert's orders. So we start of slowly jogging and we do good I thought. Then a twinge of pain here and there but I don't let it stop me all together until the last mile of I don't know probably 3 miles. Then the limp kicks in. Poor Kay, she even offered to come back with her car for me. I am way too prideful for that......Now that I am home and out of my shoes it is not as bad, but still painful. ICE IT! But that hurts also. I hate cold! I don't know how Dena did the ice bath. I think I would rather die....ok maybe not.

Well this just isn't turning out like I had hoped. I am going to keep my chin up and see how I am in the morning. I have promised myself if not better I was going to the dr. So stay posted, I will update you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Go to the doctor!!! You need to get better...

Kay said...

Even though I KNOW you were itching to run (been there done that) I really enjoyed waling/jogging with you last night. Watch out T, I'm stealing your running buddy.