Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh Yeah, I got to run!

I forgot how good it made me feel to run. Today of course I got the clearance from a good Dr. that with certain limitations I could start to run. Of course I had my running clothes in the car just praying that I got the green light.

There is something about putting on my running shorts, t-shirt and running shoes that just puts a smile on my face. I meet my group, which I have so terribly missed. They are just the greatest group of people you could ever want to meet minus some of my folks from last year (Jessica, Jill and Rod). We are given our instructions to do just a light run. No long, fast miles! Yeah that is just what Dr. Bert told me I could do. Kay and I get ready and we are OFF! Kay is still under Dr. Bert's care as well so we follow her walk/run program. 2 minutes of running and one minute of walking. There were times of twinging pain, but for the most part it felt great. The we incorporate some core work and now I am home. Ready to eat a good dinner which my daughters boyfriend is downstairs cooking and it smells good. So thanks Paul! I just hope he knows how to do dishes......

So unless something crazy and unforseen happens, I AM BACK! Oh and how good that feels. Dr. Bert says I will be able to run my marathon, my time may not be what I want but is it about time or finishing. Right now it is about finishing. This will not be the only one I run. So next time I will focus on time. Like when Tamara and I run the Nike's Womens Marathon next year.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Oh yeeeahhh! The Nike Women's Marathon! We need to really put together our running schedule for next year. So think about it....