Friday, January 9, 2009

Bike Trainer




Last week I purchased a pre-loved bike trainer from a member of our TTT group. This trainer will allow me to ride my bike inside when it is too cold to go outside. I have plenty of warms clothes to ride outside but finding friends crazy enough to go with me might be the problem. So therefore I am set up in our playroom. The girls have been moved out and the bikes moved in. John couldn't stand it so he bought one to. We can now train together, how sweet is that. Boy that should be very interesting as we both have a competitive streak in us....If you hear stories of him falling off the bike, no I did not push him! Well maybe I did but I am not admitting anything.

I bought this from a guy (Jeff McClintock) who had just finished the Wisconsin Ironman and is running the Houston Marathon next week. So you know I felt stupid asking him to show me how it worked... But he was very kind to not laugh at me. Thanks Jeff! I bought a DVD to help me and keep me focused. Last night I finally tried it out. I got on it and thought no problem. Well I have decided I am going to just stop thinking. This DVD kicked my big butt! I mean 80 minutes of hard spinning. Thank God for 90 second rest. Ally thougth it so funny she took my picture so I thought I would share. I mean the sweat was pouring off of me. I thought I would passout. I had to add Ducky to the blog. She sat and waited for the sweat drops and cleaned up after me. YUCK!

5 comments:

Tam said...

I'm crazy enough to ride with you in the cold!!!! As long as it isn't raining....

Dena said...

KITTY!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... did you write about something in this blog? Distracted by the cuteness in the opening picture...

Anonymous said...

For training plans check out www. Beginnertriathlete.com

robison52 said...

The family that exercises together stays healthy together! How I wish my wife would exercise too.

My cat, Dorian Gray, loves to lick my legs after my runs, undoubtedly thinking of me as one big salt lick.

Remember to towel off the cycle as the salty sweat will prematurely rust your bike.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you look HOT and I don't mean in the sweaty sense!