Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week 5 begins!

I have not been writing a daily post because you would be bored out of your mind! I am sparing you the details but I am keeping a daily journal for me. This is keeping me focused on the goal or at least that is what I tell myself.

Week 5 began on Sunday! Yes I am still excited and now a little nervous on what this all will look like. Can you say tough! Three sports one right after the other! Oh what have I gotten myself into? John says to me last night "thanks for getting me involved in this" I had to laugh and I replied simply "don't thank me yet"!

Last week John and I sucked at following the schedule for workouts. It being the week of Christmas and us being the procrastinator's that we are, there was little time for workouts. So this week I feel like we are going to have to play catch-up. I have several weeks before my first indoor tri but John only has till Jan 11th.

Staying on the program is key and I know that. I learned this week why they say swimming is all about practice. I didn't swim at all last week and on Sunday I felt like I was learning it for the first time. However, our little group of "Chicken of the Sea" are coming along quite well. You should see the progress we have made. Pam especially is showing us all up in the water. She might need to work with me! It is amazing to see people go from not knowing anything about swimming to finally making it down to the end. Now we just have to make it back to the other end.

Last night on our schedule was 45-60 min of cycle or cycle class plus a 15-20 min walk/run. At first I thought no problem, then I got started and was saying no way! That makes your legs very tired! But it was done and we were laughing and smiling at the end. I honestly right now cannot imagine what swim, bike, run looks like all in one day! Should be interesting.......

As the year draws to an end, yes I like everyone else am working on my 2009 resolutions. I am sticking to realistic goals and a plan on how to execute it! More to come before Jan 1st! Stay tuned for what should be interesting. I have some big things to work on next year!

No comments: