Thursday, December 18, 2008

You gotta love the little things

We all have those moments when we are learning something new and it just clicks. The excitement you get out of hearing someone say good job, you got it! Last night during swim clinic I got it. I actually swam one length of the pool without stopping. To those of you who know how to swim, yeah you can laugh. I will take whatever small improvement I get. Oh and no nose clip. I forgot it last night so I was forced to do it without one. I did ok. I think I feel safer with it on, so next time I will have it. Our little group, is looking better with every class we take. We sure do have alot of fun if nothing else. But really, we have come a long way since Swim Clinic #1.

In three weeks I have gone from being scared to death of water to now swimming (yes my face in the water) one length of the pool. I have a long way to go but I will take this victory and rejoice! I actually would like to stand on top of a mountain and scream but I will refrain from all that until I can swim 2 lengths! LOL!


We have homework and that is to work on laps. I am looking forward to getting to the pool tomorrow and working on laps.

I cannot thank the people enough who encouraged me to not quit in the beginning. Thanks for having faith in me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
You are doing great! Keep it up.

John

WendyBird said...

That is awesome Amy! Learning to swim as an adult is way harder than as a kid. Your courage is inspiring :-)

robison52 said...

I can swim without a nose clip, but find that I must have goggles as my eyes get horrible stingy redness that lasts for hours due to the chlorine.

Your courage is inspiring, I should try something that's new, scary, and an adventure since I can't run for awhile because of my sore knee.