Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Long Runs

Today was our third Sunday long run. We met at Salem Lake in Winston Salem for one loop around. 6.65 miles according to my handy dandy new gadget. The Garmin Forerunner 305.

I have wanted one of these for over a year now. Christmas came in July on Friday. I found one on the internet and John bought it for me. This thing does everything except run for me. Maybe I just haven't found that feature yet. Of course once I got it, I wanted to play with it and see what it would do. I went to the computer just to discover I could not download the software. The search for it on the internet began. Of course I couldn't find it and the yelling began. I am so impatient. I finally found it and went through the steps to download it and now I am set and ready to go. After your run, you just plug it up and it sends your info to the program and oh how cool is that. I am so easily entertained!

It was a great run today, muggy but otherwise uneventful. No falls, just one lost runner and several no shows... I want mention names but one was my ride! I am sure he is probably out running right now!

1 comment:

Nathan Daughtrey said...

OK, I was one of the no-shows. :( I know I set my alarm last night, but I must have turned it off in my sleep this morning. I woke up at 7:20am and I figured I couldn't make it to W-S in 10 minutes. Ugh. I was a good boy and ran a nice 6-mile loop here in G'so, though.

Congrats on dragging your butt out of bed! Maybe it was the motivation to try out your new gadget. ;)