Sunday, February 7, 2010

Krispy Kreme Challenge 2010

I am always looking for fun new races to participate in. Not that I don't like my hometown races, but I have and continue to narrow down my list of races that I must do here in town. Krispy Kreme Challenge is my first new race of 2010 and will go on the list of yearly "To Do's".

One of my running partners Christine, did this race last year with her brother and sister and it sounded like a blast, so I thought why not. I just registered John and myself a couple of weeks ago and glad I did, it sold out! The Challenge is that you run 2 miles, you eat 12 doughnuts and run 2 miles back. I love doughnuts so what the heck. No Challenge in that! Yeah whatever! Everyone asked me how in the world I was going to do that and what was I thinking. Had I heard about all the people who get sick and vomit at the end and during the race?. Yes I have heard those stories, but not me! I have the weakest stomach when it comes to vomit! I cannot stand to do it myself nevertheless see anyone or hear anyone do it. It automatically kicks in my gag reflex and here we go.....So don't talk about that part of the race with me.

The weather was what worried me most. I wouldn't be able to wear my tshirt if I couldn't run this race due to weather conditions. I know funny but I love tshirts and I am very serious about not wearing a shirt from a race I didn't do! Well I can rest easy and wear my shirt proudly. I think?

I did not complete the challenge of 12 doughnuts. I ate 3 and I thought I was doing good at that. They were cold, tasted like they were made the night before and just not what I like when eating that many empty calories. Don't tell anyone, but I am a Dunkin Donut girl! Maybe I will write DD a letter and get them started on the program.

We ran our 2 miles which ended up being really 2.25 miles and Christine, my running partner and I decided to share a box. We got our box and started the fun. I ate 3 and she ate 2 and we were on our way. The mileage back was, well to say the least, not as good as getting to the KK Store. I am not sure how to describe what I was feeling, but I was glad I was carrying the box back with the rest of the doughnuts in it instead of them in my stomach.

At the finish line Christine and I crossed together holding hands and laughing. We had so much fun. Mileage according to the Garmin was 4.57 and we finished in 52 minutes which includes the time to eat and try to find the water. We have decided this is definitely one for the list. If your looking for a fun filled race with a twist of adventure, this is it! I am glad C was with me, I just found out my timing chip didn't work so therefore you will not find my time listed. Can't wait for the finish line photo.

5 comments:

greentigress said...

No one can eat 12 donuts!

Kay said...

I'll be with you guys next year...sorry I missed it this year.

Dena said...

FUN! But I'm with you Amy, Dunkin Doughnuts all the way. You get a DD race going and I'm in.

WendyBird said...

so were you disqualifide for not eating all the donuts?? I'd do it if I didn't have to eat them. (We ate day old KK in boot camp, I've never liked them since, bleh!)

Derek Hill said...

no update with the awesome finishers photo?