Monday, October 19, 2009

My Body

Everything changed the day I understood that if I was to become a runner, I would have to run with the body I had.

John Bingham, The Courage to Start

I got this quote this morning and I need to resemble that remark. I am always wanting a body I will never have.

I am never going to be taller. At 39 years old, I don't think my legs are going to grow. I could loose weight, but as you have read in earlier post, I love to eat. I like eating what I want to. I hate restrictions. I could do alot of things to get the body that I envy on other people all the time. But this is the body God gave me and I am going learn to love it.

Plus, I am running a marathon in a few short weeks, with this body.... I better get happy with it soon!

1 comment:

WendyBird said...

I'm going to borrow that quote!!