Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We have had this conversation before!

My body and I have this same conversation several times a year. I don't have time to be sick and hurting. I have been sick this past week but I was feeling a little better until this morning. Yes today was Masters Swim. I thought I would give it a try and I did. Not much of one once I learned you can't breath very well underwater with a stuffy nose and clogged up lungs! Justine was kind enough to let me just do kickboard work. I also did some streamline backstroke, very well I might add. If nothing else, I can float! However, my legs were already tight from Sunday and Monday's workout. Now my legs are so stiff they hurt!

I am supposed to run with my girls tonight. Which I am so looking forward to since I haven't been able to run during the week with them. I have missed them and today is my first night back with them in a long time. I hope someone in the group will be nice enough to run slow with me. I don't think the legs are gonna let me do any kind of pace worth talking about. I am really wondering if the legs are going to let me run at all. This is one of those game time decisions! So Kay be looking for a last minute text from me.

On top of all this I have my second indoor tri on Sunday. The conversation I referred to in the title is the one I have with my body often about me not having time for all this sickness and pain. Suck it up and move on!

1 comment:

Kay said...

We missed you...sorry you didnt feel like running but PLEASE take care of yourself....We decided when you run downtown you end up running slower anyway bc of stop lights and so forth.......... but it was a great "urban run"