Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So hard to eat properly!

In training the two hardest things for me are strenght training and eating properly. Strength training mainly because I hate it. Worse than the treadmill I hate it! I know I need it and it will help me in the long run but getting me to actually do it is like pulling teeth! The other and probably the most important is nutrition. I like food and food likes me. We definitely have a love hate relationship. I hate that I love food so much!

Today of course on my workout schedule is what, yes strenght training. I am going to try to do it. I say try lightly only because I have been sick and I still just don't feel well. So that is my excuse and I am sticking to it! If I feel better as the day goes on, yes I will go after work and do it. I PROMISE!

Nutrition is another subject. Suzanne is trying to help me with this but when she says I can't have the second pack of chicken nuggets it just makes me not like her very much! I am hungry,I need it, I want it! I really do love to eat. I always have! So therefore I have always struggled to be this size! Not a size I would like to be and I have lost 40lbs since I started running but I am stuck. So time to listen to someone on how to eat correctly. Don't anyone start sending me diet information, I will block you from my email! Just kidding. I guess this is really going to be more of an advertisement than anything though. I was introduced to these fabulous breakfast cookies by Erin Baker's. OMG... They are delicious. They have a website www.bbcookies.com that you can check out their other products. The brownies are great as well. You can go by Off N Running and they sell the breakfast cookies there. Emily will be more than happy to help you with cookies or anything else you might be looking for. I just ordered my next batch from them. I have seen that this helps me eat breakfast as I tend to skip this meal alot and let coffee be my main source of nutrition in the morning. Yes I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So thanks to Erin Baker's and their cookies, I am getting a good start. My favorite flavor so far is Morning Glory! Hard to describe but it has fruits and nuts in it and it is absolutely wonderful. I just finished Gingerbread which is a seasonal flavor but it is also good, but so it Chocolate Chunk (Vegan), Banana Nut, Pumpkin Spice ok they are all good. Told you I like food!

I am really going to work on strength training and eating better. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kay said...

When you figure that eating better thing let me know...I too need help

robison52 said...

Fried chicken nuggets, cookies, and brownies....OH MY!!

I too, have been striving to improve my nutrition and have been following the advice on RealAge.com that has Oprah's doctors...Dr. Oz (Hence the "OH MY" exclamation that's a pun from the movie, "Wizard of Oz."...Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!) Lately I've been quoting their site on my blog.

I've been leaning towards eating less animal protein especially after reading the research book, "The China Study," but it's going to be hard to stop eating meat "cold turkey" (sorry for an additional pun.)

Off 'n Running said...

Hey Amy,
Thanks for the shout out!! You rock - I will email or call you when the cookies come in. Are you on FB - I tried to find you earlier, but could not?
Later, Em