Friday, June 29, 2012

First Walk/Run and here we go...

Yesterday was my first attempt at running since surgery. Kay has been on injury reserve as well so we were going to start back together. She got a little head start on me though because she was released a few weeks ago. What day do I pick to start back though? Yes the hottest day of the year. Oh well - no crying in running! We got started we did it and it went great. We did a total of 4 miles. No I did not run 4 miles but I did run 2 of those. YAY for me. I am so happy today. Funny how a nice sweaty run can help the mood. I am not doing anything today as I am easing back into this. Plus my Dr. cancelled my appointment this week until next week so I really haven't been released to run. Shhhh...don't tell anyone. I am just going off of "you can start running 6 weeks from the surgery". Well it has been six weeks so I am running. Good news came today on my little friend Evelyn. Best case scenerio was Stage 1 Wilms Cancer and that is what it was. She will do 19 weeks of chemo and then we will see from there. Keep this family in your prayers. Cancer is cancer, and no 4 year old should have to go through this. Well until the next run... take care blog family!

No comments: