Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I have been reflecting on being thankful. Sometimes, we as humans tend to overlook the small things in life that bring us pleasure and we focus on the "big picture".

I would like for each of you that read this to take some time to just think about what you are thankful for. I am actually making a list. I will just give you a sample of what is on my list and this comes in no particular order...... of course my family, but specifically, my husband, my kids, my father, my health. Even my job, yeah I know lame. But I happen to like my job most of the time. In todays economic times, I wouldn't want to be looking for a job so I am glad I have one and one that I actually enjoy. I am thankful for the really good friends I have. I think we often take for granted that our friends and family will live forever for us to tell them how important they are and the impact they had in our lives. I learned a few years back to never ever take this for granted when the one person I loved more than anything passed away. I kept thinking on that day did I tell her enough that I loved her and did she know how much I appreciated her for how she raised me. So, I don't want to be caught in that again! I vowed to be mushy after that...... but only a couple of times a year. So I will save all of you from it happening too often.

I am off now to pick up my pies and then home to start cooking. We will eat lunch with my dad, my stepmom and my brothers family. Then we will come back home and have dinner for us. So I have alot of cooking to do. If your in the neighborhood, stop by. I am sure there will be plenty to eat.

To all of you, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Remember to think about the people in your life that you value and thank them! To my friends and family, I love you and I am thankful for each and every one of you! Happy Thanksgiving. God bless you and your families.

No comments: