Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not Training Related


I sent my baby to high school this morning. I am sure that the emotion she felt was way different than what I felt. I cannot speak for her feelings, but I was feeling that this is just one more stop in the road of her reaching adulthood and leaving the nest. Being Ally's mom, this is a hard realization. She has always been the child that wanted to be held and loved on. I am just very thankful that she still lets me crawl in bed, cuddle her and kiss her tons! I am sure all of this will be ending but I hope not.

Most of last night and this morning was spent praying for her, her friends, her teachers and the people God will put in her path. I read a book a few years ago "The Power of a Praying Parent". That was one of the best books on parenting I have ever read. The things I didn't even think to pray about. Be assured Ally and Jordan have been covered in pray thanks to this book. There is nothing mom and dads that you can't pray for now for their futures. I promise to not give you a sermon, but we all know this little thing about just because your prayer wasn't answered the way you wanted it to be, doesn't mean it wasn't answered. I use to be the one who would keep praying thinking the outcome would be different. Then I learned to pray and let it go. It was heard...I just had to be prepared for the answer no matter what it was.

Back to today, I asked her if I could follow her into school like I did when she was in kindergarten and she said "NO WAY"! I guess I was lucky to get this one.

I hope and pray that all of you who read who have children that they had a great first day.

No comments: